Wound Drainage (WD) is used as a postoperative
procedure in surgical specialities, including
orthopaedic, trauma, plastic, vascular and abdominal
- Place the drain with the DRAINTEC®-Spear
with no risk of contamination.
- Activate the DRAINTEC®
device. Based on the inserted
WD disposable material, the device identifies the
operation mode and switches to WD (wound drainage
- Pre-select the desired drainage capacity on the buttons
of display field A.
- The volume of secretions drained is registrated by the
secretion volume measuring facility B.
- In periods of less secretion the roller pump D rotates
slower and vice versa, producing the optimum negative
- The peristaltic roller pump D begins to gently drain the
wound secretions and after this producing the adequate
- The drained secretion is collected in the secretion bag E.
- For mobilising the patient the clamp F is used to
maintain the existing negative pressure. Subsequently,
the wound drainage set as a unit can be removed from
Properly operated, DRAINTEC® Wound Drainage ensures:
- no risk of contamination
- no disconnection of any parts
- sufficient drainage of wound secretions
- gentle management of the tissue
- optimal adaptation of wound surfaces
- no secondary haematoma or oedema
- shorter in-patient phase