Irrigation-Suction Drainage (SSD)
is used in the therapy and prophylaxis of bone
and soft tissue infections and therapy
- Place the instillation drains and return drains.
- Activate the DRAINTEC®
device. Based on
the inserted SSD disposable material, the
device identifies the operation mode and
switches to SSD (“Spül-Saug-Drainage” =
- Select the drainage capacity based on the
instilled fluid volume using the buttons of
display field A.
- The peristaltic roller pump D suctions off the
irrigation fluid and wound secretions.
- The continuity of the flow of the fluid drained
is monitored with the secretions volume
measuring facility B.
- The drained fluid and secretions are
collected in the secretions bag E. The bag is
emptied as required using stop cock G. The
bag shall be replaced every 48 hours.
- Transport of the patient can be managed
operating the unit with its storage battery.
Properly operated, DRAINTEC®
Irrigation-Suction Drainage ensures:
- no raising of pressure in the tissues
- gentle management of tissues
- minimising drain obstruction / sufficient drainage of secretions
- inhomogeneous distribution of irrigation fluid is prevented
- no irrigation fluid enters blood stream
- no secondary infection
- prevention of antibiotic resistance
- shorter in-patient phase